Sanoid appliances are a turn-key product that makes enterprise-level hyperconverged infrastructure available to small and mid-size organizations, for a fraction of the cost. Sanoid Small Business Edition starts at $3500, fully equipped and ready to go with a Xeon E3 processor, 32GB of RAM, 1TB of high-performance, fully-redundant solid state storage in hot-swap bays, and plenty of room to add more storage if you need it.
Not sure what you can do with all that? The short version is “run, manage, and back up Windows, Linux, or BSD servers, really, really reliably.” Check out the video demos in the feature list below for ideas.
For larger or even higher performance applications, Sanoid Standard and Pro lines are available, featuring Xeon E5 processors, 64GB or more of RAM, and higher storage capacities, and we can custom-build appliances to meet your organization’s exact specifications.
All Sanoid hardware comes with a 3 year hardware warranty, and one year of (renewable) basic monitoring and support.
For purchase inquiries, please contact us at info [at] openoid.net – value added resellers and end users are both welcome.
Self-healing Redundant Storage
Every block is automatically checksummed and verified every time you read it; bad blocks are replaced with verified good copies on the fly if and as necessary.
Hourly Rolling Snapshots
Make a backup of literally EVERYTHING on your server – every hour, on the hour.
How many hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or even yearly snapshots do you want to keep?
Built-in Offsite Replication
Securely back up your entire organization – OS, applications, and data – offsite over an inexpensive internet connection.
Compressible data is compressed, incompressible data isn’t. You don’t have to manage it.
Policy-driven, Template-based Control & Monitoring
Simply, comprehensively manage your organization’s backups, retention, and storage health from one place.
SANoid servers feature solid state storage for maximum performance. Disk cache persists between reboots of your virtual servers, minimizing downtime after software installations and operating system upgrades. Tiered storage (terabytes of conventional drives backed by gigabytes of solid state cache drives) is supported for larger storage needs. You’ve never seen your servers fly like this before!
Conventional full-featured virtualization needs one or more SANs, a private storage network, separate virtualization servers, and an array of separately licensed software from multiple vendors to make everything work. SANoid condenses all that into a single self contained machine per physical location. Less to buy, less to plan and diagram, less to maintain… less to break.
- WHO EXACTLY IS SANOID FOR?
- Your code is the thing you want to spend your time on – not the system it’s running on. We get that. SANoid helps you focus on what matters to you by abstracting the infrastructure out of your way. With hourly rolling snapshots, automatic retention policies, and lightning-fast system-wide rollbacks, an “oops” or upgrade-gone-bad that makes your dev server unusable can be recovered from in seconds. You can easily clone new instances of complete dev environments for quick tests… and easily fix it when somebody should have cloned a new instance, but didn’t.
- Business Owners
- You don’t have the time to learn all this stuff, even if you had the desire. You don’t have the workload to justify hiring a full time CTO – or maybe even the revenue. But you still need your systems to be up, you need your data backed up, and you need to be able to recover quickly if there’s a problem. We can help – SANoid makes recovering from almost any problem quick and easy – seconds or minutes instead of hours or days – and with automated monitoring and remote support, you might not even know you have a problem before we have it fixed for you. And when your business grows, and now you want bigger, faster, newer hardware… you don’t have to reinstall everything under the sun to do it, your server can just migrate from one host to another with virtually no downtime.
- Chief Technology Officers
- You’re the honcho. It’s your network, they’re your servers, and you make sure everything runs right. Which is exactly why you need to make sure you have the right tools to do it with. Are your backups good? Are you sure? With SANoid’s host to host replication, you can literally boot last night’s – or last week’s, or last month’s – backup directly on the backup server, in seconds, and see for yourself… and full recovery doesn’t take much longer, if you ever need it. If that’s not enough – forget worrying about your hardware and software refresh cycles getting out of sync… with SANoid, you can migrate your entire server directly to newer, faster, bigger hardware without reinstalling anything. Sure, you’ll have to install new OSes and new software versions eventually… but do it when they expire, not when your hardware does and when they do.